--> I got this recipe from a lady in my ward at church. It's called "Church Rolls" because they can rise for 3 hours while you are at church. I like it because it's very fast to throw the ingredients into the mixer before heading to church. I used regular yeast because that's what I had and it worked great. This recipe can also be used to make cinnamon rolls.
2 ½ C warm water
1 cube butter, softened
½ C sugar
2 t salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 T yeast (instant SAF fast yeast recommended, but I used regular)
8-9 C flour (or more as needed, until the dough isn't sticking to sides of bowl, but don't add too much!)
½ C sugar
2 t salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 T yeast (instant SAF fast yeast recommended, but I used regular)
8-9 C flour (or more as needed, until the dough isn't sticking to sides of bowl, but don't add too much!)
Use a stand mixer to blend water, butter, sugar, salt, and eggs for 1 ½ minutes. Add yeast and blend for 30 seconds. Add flour and stir well. Cover with a dish towel and let rise for 3 hours. Cut dough in half. Roll out on floured surface into a large circle. Spread the top with melted butter. Cut in 16 pieces with a pizza cutter. Roll up starting with the wide end of dough. (Crescent roll style) Spray large cookie sheet with Pam and place rolls on to rise for 30 minutes. Bake on bottom shelf @ 400 for 12 minutes. Butter tops of rolls while hot.
Makes 32 rolls.
Recipe from Lisa Walker & Jill Fish
No comments:
Post a Comment