Thursday, May 26, 2011

Oriental Chicken Salad

My mom used to make this when I was younger and I loved it. Every time I make it I wonder why I don't make it more. So good! You can make this recipe according to the size of your family. This is really easy to throw together on a weeknight.

baby spinach
mandarin oranges
sliced almonds, toasted or untoasted
grilled chicken
chow mien noodles
Girard's Oriental salad dressing, usually found at WinCo or since I don't have a WinCo here I make the recipe found below.
Combine ingredients and drizzle dressing over top.

Oriental Dressing
1 c. vegetable or canola oil
2/3 c. rice vinegar
2 T. soy sauce
1/2 t. garlic powder
2 t. salt
1/2 c. sugar
Combine and mix well. I like to pour into a bottle so that you can shake it up easily when you're ready to serve.
Yield: 6 servings for dressing
dressing recipe from: www.makeit-loveit.com

No comments: