Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Buttermilk Pie

So last weekend, my husband went to lunch with some of his family. When he came home, he was telling me all about this buttermilk pie that his dad had gotten. Well, later that day I was looking at my regular recipe blogs (see sidebar) and someone had just posted this recipe on Tasty Kitchen. I think I was meant to make it. This is a very simple recipe. I don't know how to explain the pie. It's kind of got the same texture as pecan pie (minus the pecans) and it is kind of a caramel custard flavor. Very yummy!

Oh, and I have sadly used up all of my vanilla, so I had to use my beloved vanilla bean paste for this recipe. It worked great! That's what those little black specks are that you see in the picture.


½ cups buttermilk
1 ½ cup sugar
¼ cups flour
½ stick butter, melted
3 Eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 whole pie crust

Blend buttermilk, sugar, flour, and melted butter. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir and pour into an uncooked pie shell. Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Recipe from Tasty Kitchen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy Steph! We will have to try it!