Friday, December 7, 2012

White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

The ladies in our church had a Favorite Things Christmas Party this week.  I gifted vanilla bean paste in the exchange.  One of the things I received was these cookies.  I was lucky to get any of them because when I brought them home my 5-year old went nuts for these! She said they were the best cookies she's ever had.  And well, I'm trying not to be too jealous that someone else's recipe is her favorite.  Here's the recipe:


2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups oats (not instant)
1 cup dried cranberries
white chocolate chips


Cream together the butter and sugars.  Add eggs and vanilla and beat.   Combine the oats, flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a separate bowl.  Stir into creamed mixture.  Add dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.  Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet.  

Bake at 350 for 11-13 minutes.

Recipe: Adele Lewis

No comments: