Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Blueberry Muffins

I have been on the look out for a good blueberry muffin recipe. I looked on allrecipes.com and found a recipe that had great reviews. This turned out to be a GREAT recipe and I've made them twice in the last four days. :) I used my heart muffin pan and they turned out cute!
1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 t. salt
2 t. baking powder
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 c. milk
1 c. fresh blueberries
crumb topping
1/2 c. sugar
1/3 c. flour
1/4 c. butter, cubed very small
1 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
Combine first 4 ingredients. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill cup. Add this to flour mixture and mix. Fold in bluberries. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full, and sprinkle with crumb toppping.
For crumb topping: mix with a fork or in a food processor until small crumbs.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.

No comments: