Monday, June 7, 2010

Sweet-and-sour meatballs




These are yummy and fast, and you'll have leftovers for days!

Meatballs:
2 lbs ground turkey
1 C rolled oats
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 TB onion powder
1 1/4 tsp salt
Pinch of pepper (or more to suit your taste)
2/3 C milk

Sauce:
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C vinegar
2 tsp prepared mustard
1/2 C barbecue sauce

Combine ground turkey, oats, eggs, onion salt, salt, pepper, and milk. Form into 1 1/2-inch balls (I use a melon baller) and place in a greased casserole dish (or two). In a bowl, combine brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, and barbecue sauce. Pour over meatballs and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve with brown rice and veggies.

In the past, I have frozen half a batch to bake later; I have also frozen half a batch after baking, then thawed a few weeks later for a quick meal. I like to make a little extra sauce too because my husband likes plenty.

No comments: